Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Moment to Shine in the Des Moines Register


The festivities for the first USA game of the World Cup yesterday evening led me to a local West Des Moines bar, called The Keg Stand with my fiancĂ© and future cousins-in-law.  Given the chance to be totally Patriotic, you better believe I took the opportunity to dress in my red, white and blue!  Des Moines news crews and newspaper personnel were roaming the grounds the whole evening for the gathering and the celebration after America won 2-1 against Ghana.  
My attention-grabbing apparel led Des Moines Register senior reporter, Daniel Finney to inquire.  I explained to him that, although I do not follow soccer, my fiancĂ© does and that, along with the chance to just have a good time, I see any opportunity as a good opportunity to dress up and represent my blog.  
So what did I see this morning in the paper?  A little blurb about my blog!  I was excited, as I'm always looking to get the word out more about it.  Especially in Des Moines, as I am planning a social get-to-know-me event in the area in the near future!  If you get the Register, be sure to check out today's cover story!
Here are a few shots of yesterday's World Cup look!


A shot with the greatest flag in the World post-victory!


Skirt: Choies (seen full length here before I DIYed it into a midi)
Top: eBay
Blazer: Forever 21 (similar)
Shoes: Coach
Necklace: Charming Charlie




I will, of course, be cheering for The US of A again this Sunday, as we defeat Portugal!  Hopefully you all will be enjoying this world-wide sporting event with your friends as well.  If you wear some awesome patriotic apparel, be sure to tag me in your instagram posts - I'd love to see your looks!

Happy World Cup!



No comments:

Post a Comment