Friday, August 29, 2014

Fall Style Collaboration with A Grain of Glitter

~ Outfit #1 ~
First things first: We did NOT plan on wearing matching hats!  It just happened.  Great minds think alike. ;)  And now for the real stuff:

I am very excited to finally be posting this amazingly fun collaboration Jordan from A Grain of Glitter and I did a few weeks ago.  We've been lucky enough with timing to do two previous collabs {Luck of the Fashionable Collab and One Blazer|Two Looks}, but never before have we done a shoot together, so this collab is extra special!  

I'll be listing my two outfits' details below, but definitely head over to A Grain of Glitter to see Jordan's!  {And take a peek at her post Room Tour - her Master bedroom that she just got done decorating!  I'm in love with the decor, personally.}
Booties: Aldo {similar}
Black Skinnies: Citizens of Humanity
Oversized Sweater: Old Navy {love this cable-knit one}
Necklace: Forever 21{similar}
Hat: Borrowed {similar}
Lipstick {MAC's Rebel}


I chose this outfit because the two things I actually look forward to about Fall are boots and sweaters!  This oversized sweater can be paired with jeans of different colors, be it black, blue or even a raspberry!  Oversized everything (sweaters, coats, etc) is going to be popular again this Fall, so be on the lookout while you're shopping, be it at a mall or online.  A site with some killer oversizing ideas is Sheinside.  There are virtually endless outfit possibilities with the statement of an oversized piece! 
I also busted out my leopard print booties that I purchased at Aldo last year, as leopard is also going to be popular again this year.  {Read more on that here.}


A shot of us taking this instagram selfie! {Be sure to follow Jordan and myself on IG!}


~ Outfit #2 ~

Heels: Coach {similar}
Tights: TJMaxx
Skirt: {Express - 40% off right now!}
Top: JCrew {this year's version}
Scarf: Hand-made by my mother!
Handbag: Coach {similar}


I decided that my second outfit needed my very favorite midi {last seen here} so I can show how I'll be wearing into Fall and Winter!  I love wearing patterned tights, as long as they aren't too crazy.  These ones I got at the end of winter on clearance at TJMaxx for a pretty decent price.  I've been looking for more ever since, but haven't lucked out - maybe I will now that it's time for a little more on the legs!  Also, as mentioned above, I had to break this amazingly soft alpaca scarf, since scarves are one thing I love about Fall.  I also thought the burnt orange color of my silk JCrew blouse was ideal for a Fall-transition post!  I mean, isn't it the first color we all think of when we think about fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment