Saturday, March 1, 2014

Passion for Purple and The New Thing




I am so excited that full skirts like this are 'the new thing.' I say 'new' because skirts like this have a place in history and aren't actually a new style, just a reinvented one.  They always say styles have cycle!  Anyway, I often imagine how fun it would be to wear poodle skirts, bustles and other time-period apparel.  I am always so jealous of people like Rachel McAdams in Sherlock Holmes that got to wear dresses like this. So when I saw this skirt on ChicWish.com with photos of how some women are styling them today, I had to purchase it!  (and in two colors!)  I adore the box pleating all the way around this skirt, along with the almost-iridescent appearance the material gives off.  It is 100% polyester, so it holds is shape well.  It is perfect!  And the best part? It's on sale now for only $39.90.  You can also get 30% off your first purchase from the site.  However NOTE: It says there is a layer of tule underneath, but there isn't...  But it is still pretty full, obviously.

These 4” heels are from Aldo and are also on sale right now for $64.98.   The ankle wrap and toe box are a suede-like material.  There’s no platform in these babies, so they are definitely not an all day shoe.  They are, however, perfect for date nights!  I purchased these when we first got them in (I say 'we' because I work there) and this was only the second time I’ve worn them – I think I’ll start wearing them more!
Other details:
Bracelet: JCrew
Scarf: Made by my mother!
Sweater: Joe Fresh

This skirt also comes in redgreen and champagne.

Shoe-buying tip: I usually wear size 8, but these I got in 7.



Packing a snowball to throw at my photographer/fiance.




1 comment:

  1. Love the shoes, LOVE the skirt!!! LOVE this blog!!! :) MWAH

    ReplyDelete