Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer Savings $$$


This fluted skirt was on sale at Loft for $12.88.  Originally $69, that's an amazing deal.  But I could make it better.  I could get it for even less.  How?  Keep reading for some examples on great summer savings!
************************************************
With the first day of Summer quickly approaching (it's June 21, if you weren't sure), Summer styles are sure to hit the streets soon!  This has been a fabulous Spring for some fashion trends I love, but I'm also really looking forward to some Summer trends!
As you all know, I've been on a tight budget lately, so I want to tell you all about an amazing way to save potentially big money if you have some summer-trend shopping to do.  It's called Raise.com.  Raise is a network of Gift Cards that others sell if they have cards they won't be using and would rather have some pocket cash at a slightly less dollar amount.  With Raise, you can save 5%-15% on average to your favorite stores by purchasing these gift cards.  You can also sell gift cards, if you have any that you won't be using either.

Anyway, back to Summer style... If ya'll saw my post from Friday, you may have seen me rocking the headband updo hairstyle.  I think this is going to be a go-to for me this summer, as it takes no time at all, keeps the hair off your neck keeping you cool, and it is so feminine and adorable!  Having only a few headbands like the one I wore, I would love to invest in a few more from Francesca's Collection.  Here's my photo from Friday, and a few headbands I'd love to get (and keep reading for the money savings!)  Also, be sure to watch MY VERY FIRST VIDEO, which is a tutorial of this style!



$14.00
$12.00
$16.00
$12.00

How much can you save?  With Raise, you can purchase a Francesca's Collection gift card at up to 18.3% off.  The total price of all 4 headbands above is $54 retails.  With a Raise gift card and the 18% savings, you could save $9.88 leaving you at a final total of $44.12.  That's either $10 extra in your pocket, or a $10 sale headband for free! 
If you're planning to wear the "Headband Updo" hairstyle a lot this summer like I am (even for a day laying by the pool!), investing in a few more headbands to spruce up your outfits wouldn't be a horrible idea!


Okay, so now I have to talk about another great-savings idea I have!  You all know that I'm obsessed (and totally over-wear) my black midi skirt from Express (above).  You may have also seen that they have others that I am coveting as well, especially to wear into summer to farmers markets, concerts, date-nights on the patio, etc.  
Well, at Raise, you can get an Express gift card for up to 11% off.  It's easy enough to spend $100 there anyway, so why not keep $11 in your wallet?
With that said, we can really do some number crunching and figure out how to get all the things you want for way less than you imagined!  Here are a few things I'm eyeing:
$69.90
$79.90
$59.90

These three skirts together retail for $209.70.  Using just the Raise gift card would already save me about $23 (which is awesome, if I'm planning on buying the skirts anyway).  BUT, if I wait for one of Express's notorious sales ($60 off $150), my price would go from $209.70 to $125.82.  With my Raise gift card on top of that, the grand total would be $111.98, ultimately saving me just under 100 big ones!  Seriously, if you're not amazed... 

This is my fiancé, Joel, and I.  We love date-nights, especially in the summer when we can sit on the patio enjoy each other's company while savoring delicious eats and cocktails. I think that every couple needs their date-nights.  Make it cheaper by purchasing a gift card!  For example, Joel and I thoroughly enjoy PF Chang's for date-nights (especially their gluten-free menu!).  With Raise, we can save an additional 8% if we're smart and plan ahead! We like to buy our meals, some drinks and the Flourless Chocolate Dome, so with all of that 8% of our own money is nice to save. Really, it's silly not to!

Myself with the most refreshing and summery drink of them all: Passion Tea Lemonade!

Are you a Starbucks fanatic like myself?  If so, save a few bucks there by purchasing a $50 gift card for only $41.25 saving you 17.5%!  That's at least two free drinks, and all you have to do is grab a gift card!  It's an easy way to save a few dollars, if you know you're going to keep getting Starbucks anyway!

As you all can see, there are some great ways to save on some summer favorites of my own, such as headbands, skirts, Starbucks and food.  Be sure to check out Raise.com to see what kind of deals you can find.  It's so easy to search their site for the gift card you're craving and will ultimately save you bucu-bucks!
Happy Gift Card shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment