Thursday, June 26, 2014

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

Houston Skyline at night.  How beautiful!

Howdy y'all!  Guess what?  I'm in Texas!
I am an alumni of Kappa Kappa Gamma fraternity (yes, we're called a fraternity, not a sorority: we were around before the term sorority was coined, so we're a women's fraternity.  Fun fact!).  This year, our biannual Convention is in Houston, so I'm here for it acting as a representative for the Iowa State chapter.  How cool is that?

The Iowa State ladies that I traveled with yesterday.

My adventure to Houston was an interesting one.  With my layover flight from Dallas to Houston cancelled, a handful of us ladies hitched a mini-van and traveled just over 4 hours to Houston.  It wasn't ideal, by any means, but it was an adventure!

Anyway, I'll try to post occasionally while I am here, but forgive me if I am MIA - we have tons of meetings to attend all weekend, so it's possible I won't be blogging much. 
Here are all three of today's looks:
Dress: Banana Republic (no longer online, but I just got mine in the store)
Heels: Aldo

I'm in love with this hotel's carpet.  Can I get this in my house? ;)



I found a few others with the same dress, which I was expecting.  Because this dress is cute and so flattering.

My hotel-room selfie.

I was so honored to meet Carol Rasco, the President and CEO of Reading is Fundamental (RIF).  As the philanthropy Kappa Kappa Gamma sponsors, RIF is so important to me, so it was an amazing surprise to meet this powerful woman!
Top: eBay
Cardigan: Old JCrew 
Necklace: eBay

My third and (hopefully) final outfit for the day (besides maybe some yoga pants and a tee) was this BCBG Max Azria dress that I've had for a few years, a silver belt from Banana Republic, sandals from Aldo and a Necklace from eBay, all which are older.
And now I'm off to our biannual awards dinner, which should be another fantastic evening.

Ya'll have a hootin' n hollerin' good evening now, ya hear?


No comments:

Post a Comment