Friday, June 13, 2014

Thursday's & Friday's Looks + JCrew Party


Thursday's Look

Flats: Aldo (similar)
Dress: Mango Germany (similar)
Cardigan: JCrew (similar here or here)
Belt: Gap (almost identical from Kate Spade)
Scarf: Aldo (similar)
Bracelet: Stella & Dot


This dress was purchased at Mango in Germany last year, but the American website has a very similar one right now.  The color looks close, and it even has the cap sleeves.  Mine, however did not come with a belt, whereas the dress currently available does!  And it's only $39.99.  The bright color is perfect for summer.




Thursday evening, I attended a Wedding Styling event at the JCrew store in West Des Moines, Iowa.  These lovely ladies behind me are a pair of a fabulous event decorators.  They were a lot of fun to talk to, as they were around my age and one is getting married in a month and the other was just married two weeks ago!  Along with their friendly personalities, these girls do amazing work.  Check out their website to see more!  Their entrepreneurial spirits were quite inspiring!
Of course, I also forced my favorite JCrew sales associate, Nate, to join me in the photo.  He's the best.


JCrew also so kindly made my favorite Blood Orange San Pellegrino up for grabs with an adorable pink and white striped straw.  So dainty and irresistible.  


While at JCrew, I couldn't not try on some fun clothes!  The colors in this dress were so attention-grabbing, I had to give it a go.  I was definitely a fan, but am still resisting the urge!  Online it shows up as he original price still, but at my location, it was on sale for $129 + an additional 40% off.  So head over to your store if you're as in love as I was (and actually have money to spend)!

***************************************************
Today's Look


Flats: Nordstrom (similar)
Skirt: JCrew ($39 + 40% in my store last night - much better deal!)
Chambray Top: Dillards (similar)
Necklace: Very old JCrew (love this one)
Bracelet: JCrew (not online, but still in my store!)
Headband: Old (similar)


My photorgaphers and I had lots of laughs this afternoon.  It was definitely a Friday!  We were so antsy and just itching to get outside, so our afternoon break was much appreciated.


If you're thinking this  fluted skirt looks familiar, it's because I also have it in lime and wore it here and here


Today was my first time trying la mie, a French-style bakery in Des Moines.  My salad was delectable, as were these French Macarons!  If you're in Des Moines and haven't tried la mie yet, I recommend it!  I know they do also sell some of their pastries at the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings, I just can't enjoy them, unfortunately, as I am gluten-intolerant.
A toot-my-own-horn moment: I did these French-tips on my nails all by myself!  I'm also pretty proud that my nails are as long as they are.  I struggle at growing them out.


I've been wanting to try this hairstyle for years (literally).  I don't know why I finally decided to do it, but I'm glad I did!  It's a very feminine and (as complimented by a co-worker today) becoming style.  Although it is insanely simple (it literally took me less than a minute while I was half awake), I watched this tutorial for moral support.  Another plus?  When I took the headband out, I had fantastic loose waves.


A view of the back of my hair, and also a sweet shot of the Des Moines Art Festival's wall of words.



Happy Friday the 13th and Full Moon to you all!  Don't get too crazy now.  Have a fabulous weekend, and be on the lookout for another post that has to do with gift cards! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment