Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Custom-Made Dress from eShakti

Heels: Coach {similar style here}
Dress: c/o eShakti
Scarf: Got in Paris {similar}
Cardigan: Forever 21


This army-green, custom-made dress came from an awesome online boutique called eShakti.  Their motto is "We design.  You Create." It's a perfect motto for them because if you head over to the site, you can see that there are tons of styles to choose from, but you have the ability to customize them!  Want pockets?  You got it!  How about 3/4 sleeves instead of sleeveless?  They'll do it for you! Each piece is tailored to fit your height and body type depending on measurements you supply them with. 

The idea behind eShakti is something we just don't see often in this day in age.  We are all in such a rush and have instant-gratification mindsets that we don't truly appreciate the luxury of custom-made apparel.  Of course, that's also because it is typically more expensive, but eShakti's prices are actually comparable to some of my favorite ready-to-wear brands.  They even add some awesome extra features that I've never even thought about (see below) which make their styles worth the money and the wait!  As it is made upon order, it does take longer than your typical ready-to-wear clothes, however, now's the time to start thinking about holiday dresses anyway, so you should consider ordering a custom one from eShakti!

Upon ordering, I was nervous about how it was going to fit since I have a petite, yet bulky build.  But eShakti nailed it, as it fit me like a glove.  
See below for a few items I've got my eye on from them for Fall/Winter!








My favorite feature to this dress (besides the pockets and scalloped edging, of course), are these amazing bra-strap holders.  Brilliant!  No need to worry if your bra straps are hanging out behind you where you can't see - they're nice and secure with these holders that simply snap and unsnap.  EShakti, you have solved a huge problem here!


The one down-fall to this dress that I have to admit is that the zipper is on the side.  I, personally, much prefer zippers to be on the back than the side.  They're just at such an awkward angle when they're placed on the side.  I hardly ever purchase anything with a side-zipper in stores because I feel like I have to get into a twisting yoga-pose to zip.  I know that's just me being ultra-picky though!  Otherwise, I'm a big fan of this dress.  

It's even fun to spin in:


Other things I'm loving on eShakti:
Pompom Trim Diamond Sweater Knit Jacket (bright colors for days!)
And either of these floral print dresses: here and here.

Happy shopping and thanks for reading!
And be sure to give eShakti a follow on instagram to see how other women are customizing their clothes!


2 comments:

  1. Keely! I've been following you for awhile now on here and Instagram and I love seeing all your outfits. I had to look this up though as I just heard of eshakti last night as I was browsing through FB and someone on my Weight Watchers board used them and had glowing reviews. Your dress is stunning!! Makes me want to wear a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim! That is so so nice! And you'll definitely have to check the company out - the material is really nice and it is great quality. And I just LOVE that it can be customized. Now go put on a dress!! ;) Thanks for the comment and for reading!

      Delete