Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Floral Maxi {+ Zebra and Yellow}


Flats: Franco Sarto {similar}
Skirt: Aimée {boutique in East Village, Des Moines}
Tank: Forever 21 {similar}
Jacket: Forever 21 {similar}


The print of this skirt is obviously pretty darned fun!  I knew I wanted to wear it today, but struggled with what top to wear!  I tried a black lace tee, a blue/teal blouse and a pink one too.  Finally I came to the conclusion that continuing the cream color that is already in the skirt would give it a complete, more fluid look.  Paired with a "leather" trimmed blazer, and you have yourself an #ootd!  (Outfit of the day)


I wasn't sure if I'd get pictures done today or not, so a selfie was a must.

The way this skirt flutters behind you as you walk is really quite something.  I love that feeling and am a total sucker for any skirt or dress that has that effect!  It's like a girly super-hero cape!  ;)



If I'm being completely honest with you, I wish I could wear this outfit again tomorrow because I just love it!  (Maybe also a little bit because I don't know what to wear tomorrow... Picking out outfits: the struggle is real!)

Since I've been so terrible about posting, I thought I'd do a quick post on an outfit I wore last week as well.  Also, I apologize for the sporadic posts - I started my new job last week, so life has been slightly hectic!

Heels: Aldo
Skirt: Talbots {Only $14.99!  Originally $109.00}
Top: Express
Necklace: eBay
Bracelet: Banana Republic {similar}



There were some incredible deals on pencil skirts at Talbots.  I got 3 not too long ago for less than $60 all together!  Talbots is definitely not one of the first places I head to when I shop, but I sure am glad I popped in the other day, and I'll definitely be sure to check out sale skirts as the Fall season wraps up!  I can't afford the full price $109, but I can certainly spare around $20.
I also got this one that I think I'll actually wear tomorrow!  This beaded on and this classic style also caught my eye.  They're on mega-sale as well.
 If you're like me with sparse spending money, consider heading to Talbots for other sophisticated finds at great sale prices!

Thanks for reading, and if you're in Iowa, stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment