Wednesday, July 2, 2014

White "Skirt" & Orange Beaded Crop-Top + Chanel Mascara Review


"Skirt" (Dress - see below): Old JCrew (similar)
Top: Old from Bebe (similar)
Cardigan: Express (similar)
Shoes: Coach On sale!
Handbag: Coach (similar smaller version)



Hello, everyone!  Can you believe it's July already?  How did that happen?  This July in Des Moines has been interesting, as we have received tons of rain.  The town that I live in is basically a large lake where there should be crops and parking lots.  I've never seen so much water!  But alas, this happens in Iowa every few years (this is only my second summer in Iowa, so my first experience).  Today was nice and cool, but I think I'm ready for some summer heat!

Shoes: Aldo
Although I wore it as a skirt, here it is as the actual dress that I got from JCrew about two years ago.  Here is a similar version, although it has eyelets, whereas mine was a different embossed texture.  For a similar texture, see this skirt from H&M.

Here you can kind of see the embossed texture of the material of this dress.


How sweet is this lighted wall?


Like many of my skirts and dresses, this one also has pockets.  I'm always a sucker for pockets in my skirts and dresses!  They are so convenient, as I can keep my work badge in my pocket instead of finding a place to hook it on, because I don't always have a great place to wear it.

I wanted to talk a little bit about this mascara that I've been trying out.  It is from Chanel Cosmetics and is called "Le Volume."  I'm trying it out in color number 10 (Noir).  I've sworn by MAC cosmetics pretty much since I started wearing make-up, however, they discontinued my favorite mascara, and I haven't been completely satisfied since then.  Therefore, I've recently been trying others and this Chanel one is my favorite so far.  I have naturally fairly long lashes, so it isn't difficult for me to get length.  What I enjoy about this mascara is how rich it makes my lashes look and feel.  I know most people prefer weightless mascara, but if I can't feel it, I feel like I'm not wearing makeup and get self-conscious.  This mascara has a slightly weighted texture that I personally like.  I would definitely recommend this mascara!

A shot from the side so you can see how well it also separates my lashes to enhance fullness.


 I'm going to be away for the Forth this weekend, so if I'm MIA again, that's why - I've had quite the little travel-bug lately.
I hope you all have a very safe and enjoyable Holiday Weekend and God Bless all our military men and women on this patriotic day.


1 comment:

  1. White "Skirt" & Orange Beaded Crop-Top + Chanel Mascara Review. "Skirt" (Dress - see below): Old JCrew (similar). Top: Old from Bebe ... mascaracn.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete