Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fashionable-Functional Gym Bags


Those of you that follow me on instagram may have seen this picture and are thus aware that I do not own a gym bag.  I use old grocery bags every day because I haven't yet buckled down and bought a real gym bag.  With that said, I've been on the lookout for functional and fashionable bags in order to ditch the "poor-college-kid" look of the grocery bag.  Especially since I've been out of college for almost a year now - I need to get a real gym bag to carry to the office and then to the gym.

Here are a few I'm eyeing:


This pretty gym bag is from Fivesse.  Clearly very fashionable, I would not be ashamed to carry this bag to my office and then to my gym at work!  It features a separate compartment for stinky clothes and also has storage for accessories, which would certainly be necessary for me and my statement necklaces!  There are two pockets on the right side which can fit water bottles and shoes (shower sandals, anyone?).


These two bags are from Herschel.  Your basic, timeless gym bags, they feature one big zipper pocket and several fun colors and prints.  I'm loving these zebra and salmon ones.


This utility bag is called the Nike Beautility, for good reason, obviously.  The gold and black saddle-shaped bag is surely a go-to for any fashionista!  I'd feel very stylish carrying this bag from office to gym.


Stella McCartney for Adidas has always been a collaboration I've enjoyed.  Having been an athlete and fashion enthusiast my whole life, I appreciate the fashionable and functional items the line produces.  This bag is made of taffeta and features a big zipper compartment and also a smaller zipper pocket for smaller items.

The All Pro Tote from Thirty-One is not only cute, but also highly functional.  My favorite part?  There's a separate compartment for stinky gym shoes!  I love the feature that you can separate them from your clean clothes when you pack your bag in the morning.  Even though your clothes will get sweaty and stinky while working out, there's no reason for them to be stinky from you shoes already from being stored together.

Right now, I'm thinking the Fivesse bag is my favorite, so that's what I'm saving up for (or wishing for on my birthday candles in a few weeks!)

I don't know about you, but when my workout clothes/accessories look good, I want to use them more!  So wouldn't you say a cute gym bag is a necessity?  I would! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment