Thursday, April 24, 2014

Brightly Colored Puddle Stomping


Puddle-Stomping = Tongue's out!

Boots: Hunter from Nordstrom
Skirt: JCrew (here in ivory and on sale!)
Top: Ann Taylor (similar)


Pumps: Coach (also on sale!!)


Navy and lime - what a lovely combo!


Would you like to know a secret about me? I love stomping around in puddles!  I was so excited to have my Hunter boots today to stomp around in some puddles outside of my office-building.  Being able to just plow right through the puddles instead of having to go around them (like everyone in tennies!), is so liberating!  It's always been something I've loved to do.  Sorry to my friend and photographer, Meagan, for stomping a little too hard while we were walking out for the shoot - your pants will dry!  ;)



I love the faux-cowl on this silk shiffon top from Ann Taylor.  A few years ago, I purchased it for about $7 when it was on mega-clearnace (it was originally $89, I believe!)  The cowl and collar are detachable, so it is a very versatile top, as you can dress it up with the cowl or remove the cowl and wear an awesome statement necklace.  I would love it if Ann Taylor came out with a similar top some time.  I would probably purchase it again in other colors - it's one of my favorites!


A little history lesson: In England rainboots are often called Wellingtons (or, as I love to call them, "Wellies").  The reason for this is that Arthur Wellesy, 1st Duke of Wellington requested a pair of boots be made that could maintain dryness in the rain and marshes when hunting or at battle.  The boots that were named after the Duke were worn by calvary soldiers in order to stay dry.  
Another fun fact: Hunter boots are the Queen's boots!  On the inside of every pair of Hunters, you can read "By Appointment to her Majesty, the Queen. Supplier of Waterproof Footwear. Hunter Boot Ltd. Edinburgh."  
The same is said about the Duke of Edinburgh on the inside as well.  I suppose you could say I feel a little bit royal when wearing my Hunter Wellies.  :)


Again, help me out --> please share my instagram with any fashionista friends/family or anyone else that might be interested to help me reach my goal of 1000 followers by May 02! Thank you!







No comments:

Post a Comment