Tuesday, April 22, 2014

JCrew Yellow Skirt & Purple Gingham + HUGE FAVOR!

See HUGE FAVOR at the end of this post.  Thanks! :)


Flats: Old from Aldo (similar style)
Skrit: JCrew (yellow no longer available - more colors at JCrew Factory)
Top: Gap (it's a men's shirt!!)
Belt: Old from Gap (similar)
Necklace: eBay
Twist Bracelet: Old JCrew (love this one)
Stone Bracelet: Stella&Dot


View from above.


Close up of bracelets.


Funny story: For months, I was searching for a cute gingham top to wear with this JCrew mini skirt come Spring, but, for some reason, could not find one anywhere!  That is until I stumbled upon this one in the men's section at the Gap Factory store!   I shamelessly tried this shirt on in XS although it was men's. (A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?) I was so pleased with the way it fit that it was a no-brainer!  Having been a swimmer my whole life (and having done all the weight lifting and yoga that comes along with it), I have athletic, muscular arms, so often times women's tops are extremely tight in the arms, so I was just tickled when I knew this shirt would work out for me. And now that I'm seeing it in pink on Gap's website right now (for only $17.99!), I'm tempted to purchase another.  Oh! If only my student loans would just disappear!


This necklace is available on eBay for a whopping $6.99.  #Winning
When I first posted a photo of this necklace, my mom informed me that my great-grandmother had a necklace just like it!  I would love to see a photo - she was always a very fashionable lady.


The only negative I have about this skirt is how much it wrinkles!  It is linen, so naturally, it will do that.  Sitting at a desk all day will do a number on this skirt, but it's great once freshly steamed and I haven't sat down for hours on end.  I have the same skirt in cotton, and it does not wrinkle like this baby does!


I don't know about you, but I am in love with pockets!


I have a HUGE favor for you all:
Please please please follow me on instagram - My goal is to get to 1000 followers by my birthday, May 2, which is coming up!  So follow, share, etc. I would greatly appreciate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment