Thursday, April 10, 2014

Purple Dress & Crochet Top



Dress: JCPenny (on sale now! Only $25)
Top: eBay
Belt: Old from Forever 21 (similar)
Shoes: NineWest from TJMaxx (similar)
Bracelet: Old (similar)
Necklace: Old JCrew (similar)





I purchased this dress a little while ago at JCPenny with the intention if pairing it with this crocheted top, as I'm always looking for new ways to wear it.  I've had this top for several months now.  I purchased it from eBay, but then it started popping up everywhere, including Express and TJMaxx (TJ's has a Cynthia Rowley version right now). 
Anyway, when I saw this dress, I thought it would go very well underneath my top.  Deciding between green and purple was tricky for me, but I went with purple, since I don't own much of the color.  This is a very flattering dress.  It will go well with a blazer for work, or some statement jewelry for a night out.  And it's on sale now for only $25!  That's a steal!




Since this top is from eBay, I thought I'd bring up another topic: A few of you have asked about how I always get many of my items on eBay.  It can really be hit or miss depending on the day and the terms you use for searching.  The terms I often use are very broad, so eBay turns up thousands and thousands of results, so you really have to be patient sifting through your search results.  eBay is not for the impatient! 
Some terms I use: "ladies fashion top" "ladies fashion skirt" "ladies fashion bracelet" etc. Also, replacing the word "ladies" with "womens," "woman" or "women" will give you different results.  Another tip I have is searching for items ending soonest.  If you search for least expensive items first, you're going to see thousands of items that are $0.01 with 30 days left.  By the time it ends, it's at, let's say, $7 - you could have found the same item for "But It Now" or just ending sooner for the same price 30 days sooner.  Sometime I do search least expensive first and watch a few items, as sometimes you do get lucky, but I don't spend a whole lot of time sifting through the $0.01 items.
A final note: Most of the items I end up getting are from China, so they take about a month to get.  With that said, I wouldn't recommend looking for something you're in a hurry for.  But if you're just getting some new stuff to wear and aren't in a hurry, I recommend it, as you can find great bargains!


I love this nail polish!  I've had it for a little while, but haven't been in the mood for this springy color until today.  (It was 75 out here!!)  The color is called "Bikini so Teeny" and is by Essie (2 rows up, 9 from the right).  I accented my ring fingers with Maybelline's Color Show polish in "Gilded Rose"(8th on top row).  You can't tell from the picture very well, but there is mostly gold glitter of different sizes, but there is also some rosey-pink glitter in it as well!  It is so pretty and I'm obsessed with it!!  It is beautiful with a base color or without, which is nice.  








1 comment: