Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Embellished Collar & Midi Skirt

Heels: Coach
Skirt: Chicwish {Cheaper: Choies}
Top: Ann Taylor {On sale - get it now!}
Bracelet: Banana Republic {Similar from Kate Spade}



I got this Ann Taylor top while I was in Ohio last weekend.  Like a lot of the things I post on my blog, I got it for less than it shows online.  You can totally still get it online for $59.88, however, I would, again, recommend heading to your nearest Ann Taylor store to see if you can get it for less.  When I got mine, after an additional 40% off, it was only $13.00.  Much better, right?  
Anyway, I fell in love with embellished collars when JCrew introduced their first embellished collar top a few seasons ago, however, I couldn't afford it.  But, not to worry, as JCrew inspires and popularizes styles for a lot of other stores and embellished collars soon became available elsewhere.  Although I'm not one of the first people to wear new styles to help 'lead a trend,' I am happy to purchase them at a better price a little later on, as I'm working on saving some money (AND still looking good!).  Maybe someday I'll be at the front end of a new style!


I wore my new top with my green Chicwish midi skirt for two reasons.  One, because I think my midi was getting lonely and wanted to be worn again ;) and two, because this top, unfortunately, did not look good with pants.  I tried it one with my Banana Republic Sloan Fit Pants (currently on sale!), however, I couldn't pull the look off.  I think come fall when I can wear a cardigan over the top, it will look much better - time will tell!

I thought I'd also share this beautiful flower I picked from my dad's garden when I left over a week ago!  It's still alive and kickin'!  My dad must be a good gardener.  

Yesterday afternoon I went to the mall to walk around and look at the fall styles coming out and I just wanted to share with Des Moines locals that there is a new store at Valley West Mall!  It's called American Link and it's a boutique-style shop with the trendiest styles at reasonable prices.  The story manager, Richelle, was super sweet too!  Go check it out to get something that's fashionable and a little bit different than what everyone else has.

Thanks for reading, everyone, and enjoy your Hump-Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment