Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Beauty Product Review: Clarisonic Mia


I purchased a Clarisonic Mia about two weeks ago and already I know it is one of the best things I've purchased in quite some time.

Clearly loving it! 

I was skeptical about it, having tried the Neutrogena Wave back in the day with poor results and nothing good to say about it.  However, a friend of mine swore by the Clarisonic, and I have always struggled with my skin, so I saved up for it ($125) and finally caved.  I have never been diagnosed with eczema or rosacea, but I believe I do have a mild case of both, so I was willing to try it to do something for my skin!

Just under two weeks in and I'm in love!  I was disappointed when I broke out pretty bad on my left cheek and on my chin after about 5 uses, however, I knew it was going to happen, because what the Clarisonic does is cleans out your pores.  It brings all the gross, icky stuff to the surface, so naturally, I was expecting to break out... But now my skin is so clear and so soft!  I feel so fresh after I use it - not just clean, but fresh, which is so nice after wearing makeup all day.  And, best of all, a lot of the bumpiness and redness has reduced!

Charging your Clarisonic is so easy!  The charger is magnetic, so there is no worry about ruining it with water in a charger input or getting electrocuted, so that's handy. 

You literally just let it magnetize to charge - how cool!?!

When I bought my Clarisonic, Dillard's was doing a special so I got some other freebies, including a large tube of Gentle Hyrdo Cleanser.  I'm not going to lie: I'm not a fan of it, and would not recommend it.  I just don't think it made my face feel as clean as the Mario Badescu cleanser I own.  However, there was also a small tube of Refreshing Gel Cleanser in the Clarisonic box (I would imagine it comes with all of them) that I do like.  I will probably even purchase it when I run out of the sample.  It is a foaming face wash and I feel like the foaming action helps my face get even cleaner.  You can really feel it working.  Additionally, I prefer the way it smells over the Gentle Hydro Cleanser.  



Friends in Des Moines: I know that the Dillard's at Jordan Creek is doing a Clarisonic special next weekend, starting March 13.  The Clarisonic Mia (that I have) is usually $125 and will be on special for $100.  I'll be stopping in to purchase some replacement heads - I'm going to make my fiancĂ© use it before/after he shaves, as it supposedly helps prevent ingrown hairs!  Be sure to head to the Chanel counter and get it from this lovely lady, Roxanne - she'll probably hook you up with some extra samples! 


Conclusion of this Beauty Product Review: BUY A CLARISONIC! :)


Rating for Clarisonic Mia AND Refreshing Gel Cleanser
Would highly recommend!


Rating for Gentle Hyrdo Cleanser
Would not recommend.






No comments:

Post a Comment