Thursday, March 20, 2014

Springing for Skater Dresses


Happy first day of Spring!
And this Spring, I'm loving skater-style dresses and skirts (duh!)
I adore this dress that I purchased at Banana Republic.  It's on sale now for $70, but I got it for less during an "extra 40% sale," so if you're pinching pennies (like me), be sure to wait for another sale!  If your store doesn't have it in stock, they'll order it in for you.  
It also comes in a cute black and white striped print and also a sleeveless tweed.
I originally wanted this dress, but after the poor review on the Stylish Petite blog, I chose not to get it and began my mission for a different pink dress.  I knew this Banana one was the one when I tried it on and it was on sale!


Pumps: Coach
Belt: Old from Loft (similar here or here and for dreamers: here)
Necklace: Old from JCrew (can sometimes be found on eBay or similar here)
Knot Bracelet (see below): Banana Republic (gold only now) or similar here.
Ring: Pink Topaz -gift from my mommy. :)


The gold zipper on the back is a sophisticated accent.



Being a damsel!


Possibly the best part about this dress is it is so much fun to spin in!  It really felt like Spring when I was twirling in this pretty pink piece.

 The tutorial for this awesome top-knot is here.



This bow and bling belt (that's a tongue twister!) is an older one in my closet that I got on super-sale at Loft.  I think I purchased it for about $5 during one of their end-of-season sales.


 Still twirling...


I love this beautiful Pink Topaz ring that was a gift from my mom several years ago.




Old JCrew necklace.




Banana Republic knot bracelet



I hope that everyone was able to enjoy some nice Spring weather today and, again, Happy First Day of Spring!

1 comment:

  1. This dress is beautiful! Perfect shade of pink. The accessories and hair are very nice additions to this pretty Spring outfit.

    ReplyDelete