Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lace & Chains


Today's look was inspired by the edgy-chic look that I've always loved, but hardly ever pull off.  I don't consider myself very edgy, but throw in some lace and I can do some edgy-ness!  To me, edgy was wearing this chain necklace and chain bracelet.  I know:  So crazy.  So out there. ;)

Skirt: Old, but similar here or splurge here.
Top: H&M - I got it about a month ago, but it appears to be gone! (similar here)
Pumps: Coach

Necklace from eBay

Bracelet from Aldo (similar here)



This skirt needs to be taken to a tailer, as it's gotten a little big on me, but I love the lace.  The pencil skirt and lace combo is just so classic.  I especially love this ivory color.  


I usually wear this skirt with an army green or navy blue, but today I decided to do opposites and wear a sharp black.  I love the v-neck of this top.


It was clearly pretty windy out, but still nice enough to get a few photos.


Notice the detail on the bottom of this skirt: I love that the lace overlay has the natural scalloping of the lace (another 'big thing' this season), versus a strait hem.



My lovely photographers were trying to help me pose, but my lack-of-coordination helped me fall over a little bit - had to laugh it off!

I went for a new hair-style today too.  I was hoping for a vintage look, but this is as close as I got.  But I was still proud of myself for trying something new!  The twist in the back made this side-swept look more interesting to me.

1 comment: