Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Weather & Rocking The Color-of-the-Year


I took a stab at wearing one of Pantone's colors of the year today in this Loft dress.  They usually sell this dress in different colors each year in a midi-length like mine, or in a maxi.  I haven't seen it yet this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do re-introduce it, as it is such a flattering and comfortable dress that seems to sell well each year. (They're always sold out in my size!)


Wearing my Cole Haan sunglasses that I got at TJMaxx was a nice change of pace.  Seeing the sun was great!  I'm so over the depressing and constant overcast but now totally loving this weather. Just look at that sky!  Beautiful.


I was also happy to be able to wear my spring-weight jacket, instead of my puffy winter one.  I bought this jacket at Mango when I was in Germany.  Mango has introduced a spin-off line called MNG that is available at JCPenny.  I haven't checked it out much, as the line isn't available at my local JCP, but online it looks like they have some cute stuff!  It was one of my favorite stores in Germany, so perhaps I should do more investigation-by-online-shopping. :)

Accessories: I went pretty slim on the accessories today.  I couldn't decide which of my many crazy necklaces to wear, so I went for the classic pearls.  These were a gift from my aunt several years ago. 

My handbag that I love is from Coach (similar here but quite a bit smaller).

 As for shoes, I wore my favorite pair of nude pumps also from Coach, which I'm really sad about (read below).


These pretties have been listed on my Shop-My-Closet account.  I haven't worn them in quite some time and it turns out, my feet have shrunk!!  And they, sadly, don't fit anymore.  I thought perhaps all shoe brands have done a re-sizing as I've been purchasing 7.5 recently, but turns out, these babies that used to fit me perfectly (8.5) are way too big now.  :( 
(similar here, which I have in black).

Finally, having absolutely nothing to do with fashion, but too cute not to share is this guy:

I'm obsessed with him and would seriously be driving to Michigan this weekend to pick him up if my apartment allowed dogs!!  Whether my fiancé would want him or not, he'd be coming home with me.  How darn cute is he??  And one may say I currently have severe puppy fever...

I hope you all got outside today to enjoy this amazing Spring weather before it snows again tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment