Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Leopard & Lavender

fl

Heels: Nine West from TJMAxx (similar)
Skirt: Old from Target (similar)
Ruffle Tank: Old from Loft (similar here or here)
Cardigan: Old from Forever 21(similar)
Necklace/Earrings: Old from Avon (love this one and this one)
Bag: Coach


It's Hump Day!!  And Hump Day of a short week, at that - yippee!  Everything from my outfit is old, as you can see from the list above.  I recently hijacked this necklace and earring set from my mom's closet, where it was sitting collecting dust.  She got it from Avon a long time ago when she was a consultant, but since she doesn't wear it anymore, I made it mine! :)  This tank blouse is also several years old from the Loft.  It's not very comfortable, sadly, because it digs in to the armpits a bit, but since I had a short day today (yippee again!), it wasn't too bad.  My skirt I bought on clearance at Target a couple of months ago and my heels at TJMaxx around the same time.  This outfit has been laid out in my closet for a few weeks, but today I was finally in the mood to actually wear it!



It is insanely humid right now in Iowa, so to avoid my giant hair taking over my surrounding cubicles, I tidied it up a bit with a loose side-braid today.



I always want to match this skirt with a white or black top, but adding color to it makes it more exciting, I think.  I sometimes get nervous to get too crazy with leopard and color, but I thought this lavender complimented it well.  The nearly-pastel ruffles are girly, while the animal print is edgy, so I thought it was a lovely combo.









I hope you all have had a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment